Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Sad

Dear Papa,

I thought about you so much today. Ended up bawling in the bath tub. I just miss you so much. I guess enough time has lapsed now to where I want to see you, hear your voice, and feel your big squeeze hug.

I hope I'm making you proud. I voted today, I think thats what has my mind on you. Remember you telling me that it was my civic duty to this country to vote. Well, I remembered... and I know you're happy.

Do you miss me as much as I miss you? In a way I hope so, but I hope you're happier than I am. I miss your reassurance that I'm a good person, and that I'm the best Emily Gene there is. I know I should just tell myself that, but its hard to hear it in your own head.

I've been writing Jackie almost every week. Might have missed 3 or so. But I still think thats good. Mom is doing a good job checking in with her. She seem's to be doing well, but I can tell she misses you a lot too..

Goodness PaPa, I miss you... I MISS YOU I MISS YOU I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to scream it loud enough for you to hear....

I dont know why this has come over me today... just a timing thing I guess..

I hope you're proud of me. I'm proud of myself which i can hear you in my mind saying "then thats me being proud of you too"- but it sounds so much better coming out of your mouth than the memory of your voice in my head.

I love you more than words.
Em

----------------

WHY do our emotions do this to us? Lay dorment for a while then in 1 day, BAM- they all come running out...

Sorry family, if this makes you sad too. I just needed to get it out.

Em

1 comment:

Phyllis, the Queen said...

Well said Emily....I think we all feel this way from time to time. Writing it down, sometimes is just the best way to get it out of your system!