Sunday, August 22, 2010

Yes, I still have my blog

Hello blog readers, it is I, Emily, back from a 6 month hiatus.

I am writing this sitting on my red couch of MY house. Yes, I Emily B.-24 am a home owner! It happened in May, 25th actually, I closed on my house. Its a 1410 sq ft, 3br\2bath home. Corner lot, large back yard, 2 car garage, and the perfect starter house for me.

I have a room-mate, against popular opinion, my Granny (Martha) is my room mate. What social goodness does that bring me (single 24 year old) well, I understand that this could be a hassle when it comes to dating life, but I'm very confident that its the best decision.

Granny had been living in an apartment for 10 years, now lets do the math... 10 years at 500 a month average for rent... 50K?? or, live with me in my house. Pay the same as she was paying the apartment for rent, with NO BILLS. AND it helps me out with my mortgage and equity. -WIN

On top of that, she's 77 years old- and this has her in a home that she's safe at and it gives my family a piece of mind that she's got someone with her.
And it doesnt hurt that she loves to do laundry, clean, and cook. haha - :)

So thats whats going on in my living situation haha.

--Next update--
At the end of July, I signed up at LA fitness here in Pearland. Got a trainer and I have been working towards a healthier me since. I go in this week for my first Month's evaluation. Here's to hoping for results.

Now, why now you ask? --> This Thanksgiving I Emily B and my cousin Eilene M. will be embarking on a Mediterranean CRUISE!!!!

From Bari, Italy- and headed around to Croatia, Turkey, and Greece! - We will end up back in Venice and i can't wait.

So if I'm going all the way over there, I'm going to look good when I go!!

-School starts Tuesday for the kiddos, so I have one more work day to get my new classroom ready. That was a whole debacle (however you spell that) but its over and I have a new room.

so thats where my life is at the moment. I'm happy with it, content, and excited to my future.

-Hope this update isnt too lengthly, and enjoyable.

Emily-
ps. I still miss papa so much

No comments: