Hello there blog. Sorry I've neglected you. Seems I've lost my knack to write as much these days.
Tomorrow I'm going back to Pomeroy for year 3 of my teaching career. However this year comes with fear, regret, anticipation, expectations, and loathing. Last year for my school was really rough. Not sugar coating anything, but it pretty much sucked for the teachers. For the students you ask? Well, they had the best year they've had in over 5 years. So, maybe through all the crud we teachers went through, actually did the trick.
I've prayed a lot this summer, for a new job teaching old students band. Inspired by the music I miss the most I found myself crying uncontrollably listening to the Marches played 4th of July. Yet, with everything in the world as it is these days, I did not receive a call back or interview for most of the jobs I applied.
Heartbreaking and upsetting I wonder why? I've done everything I can do make sure I've improved my career, my own education, and not breaking the rules. Yet my prayers weren't answered.
Then I got mad. Why God, why don't you want me to be happy with my job? Then I realized, that in God's infinite wisdom and wittiness, I bet there is a lesson for me at Pomeroy. If I can return this year, keep trying and doing my best, I might just find happiness there. We all know it wont be easy, but if I can be happy in a place I've despised before, then no matter where I end up in the next years. I know I can rise above any loathing, frustrations, and politics that come with other jobs.
-kind of like "unanswered prayers" - There has to be a reason for me to be there this year. I know it.
Money.
Such an irritating subject for me this summer.I'm Not struggling, but not getting ahead as fast as I want. I wish I felt more like an adult when it comes to finances, but somehow I always feel like a teenager with a salary income.. not sure I can handle it correctly. I asked my mom if the worry of bills ever stops.. she said "no, then you have kids and it quadruples in a minute". She's very smart.
Harry Potter
What a shame I missed out on the craze these past 10 years. I've always kind of turned my nose up to the thought of these books and movies. Then, I watched a movie with my sister and I realized what I'd been missing out on. So I watched the last installment that came out this summer and left the theater completely confused and intrigued. So I became a reading machine and knocked out all 7 books in a week and a half. Not an easy feat considering how slow of a reader I am. I sit here having gone and seen the last movie the second time this evening. Blown away by JK Rowling's imagination. I could only DREAM of creating such a world in my mind so vivid enough to put it into words. THEN that being interesting enough to be made into movies. I believe she has to be the most creative person to ever walk this planet and I'm so glad she shared her talents with the world.
Having been so blown away by the Harry Potter (HP) books\movies it has inspired me to do a bit of research into my next travels. As most of you know, HP is set in London and other parts of Europe. So I'm hoping to pay the city a visit in June 2012. Maybe Scotland, Ireland, Germany, and might as well see some more Italy while I'm there. Yet that goes back to the whole $ fiasco. SAVE SAVE SAVE is all that's on my mind these days.
So where does this leave me as Summer 2011 comes to an end...
I'm still 25, single, working out, Elem music teacher. Who loves to dance, sing, spend time with her family, travel, laugh, eat, and day dream.
I want to be a part of something huge. Not Harry Potter huge, but something important. So many things have impacted my life, whether it be Jemima Jones, Harry Potter, My parents, my teachers, Twilight, friendships, kisses, deaths,cruises, flights, road-trips, births, siblings, or even the people who I've (regrettably) wished bad things upon. They've all made huge impacts on my life in miraculous ways. Now I'm sure they can say I did the same for them, but I want to pay it forward for generations to come. I want to give the world something that makes them stop and think "Man, I want to meet her and say "hey, you changed my life"- as I would to the people of my past.
So I leave you with this Blog readers:
Goals come and go, people do the same. an imagination is your best therapist. sometimes we must learn to be happy in an unhappy situation in order for us to move onto new things.
- Don't give up because it's hard. Stick with it to figure out it's easy. -Emily B.
I miss my Papas every day, and love the ones still here madly.
-Much love, a forever learning:
Emily
1 comment:
Amazing post!
I always say to people, "The future to come is always far better than the present" Its funny, I can say that to people all the time, but it is so hard to believe it myself...
"sometimes we must learn to be happy in an unhappy situation in order for us to move onto new things"---- I love this... this post was very inspirational. I need to read that quote. It has lifted my spirits!
Good luck in everything you do Emily. It will come in due time. God has a plan.
Post a Comment