Sunday, September 18, 2011

the good kind of tired

Dear Blog readers,

I write to you on this cloudy Sunday, with tired eyes. But its a good kind of tired. Another fun weekend in the books, and a fun Birthday celebration for my best friend, Shannon. Last night we went bowling (which I hadn't done in a long time), and I finally broke 100 with a score of 105 for the last game. Therefore, I had a successful bowling night! (Small things in life, I know)

After that we went to Sherlocks Pub for drinks and good conversation. It was a lot of fun, because I got to meet more of Shannon's friends and put faces to names. They're very fun people and it was nice to spend the evening laughing and enjoying each others company. Even more fun was dancing to the band they had playing. Of course any of you readers who have been to Sherlocks Clear Lake, know that the bands there are always wayyyy too loud. Yet, we ended up dancing right next to the speaker... maybe that's the ringing I hear in my ears this morning.

Last weekend was a lot of fun, Friday night Shannon and I went out to Big Texas, odd how I used to be a regular there, and then I hadn't been in months. Felt weird being back, but still enjoyed the night. Might have regretted some of the fun we had the next morning, but I'm learning that comes with age. Saturday morning Shelley, Steve, and I went to Temple for a friend's wedding. We had a great car ride up there, and a fun evening celebrating with friends.

As you saw in the previous post Sunday was the Texans game and I met Clay Walker. That was awesome.

So now I'm spending my Sunday working on lesson plans, debating on leaving the house today at all. I know football is on, and after last weekend I'm definitely tempted to watch some more.

This next week should be fun:
Monday- Gym
Tuesday- Gym and Birthday Dinner at Olive Garden w\ Shannon
Wednesday- Staff Dev. meetings and Bible Study (hosted here)
Thursday- work work work
Friday- sleep post work
Saturday- Maroon 5 concert w\ Shelley and Yacavone girls
Sunday- rest


I'm excited about Octoberfest, Sept 30-2nd weekend. Should be lots of fun with friends and family!

Well, suppose that's a good enough update. Have a great week,

Love,
Em

PS. I miss him still

No comments: