"Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things - air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky - all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it"- Cesare Pavese
Sunday, May 20, 2012
Self Reflection
I have found that there comes a time in every persons life that we must self reflect. The words have been stuck in my head all weekend after we had a student at school make a poor choice in handling his emotions and we used the term self reflection of the situation.
So I shall (on this relaxing Sunday) attempt to show my own personal self reflection I have been working on since yesterday.
I have an awesome life. But there are things I want to change. Just like me wanting to improve things at my job I need to assess what I can do to fix things when I'm not in front of a classroom...
1. Movement - I will start going back to the gym this week. No training, but moving. I need to get back on track.
2. Traveling- I have some awesome travel plans for this summer, even starting this week with a teacher's leadership retreat... So I need to make sure I keep my head above water financially.
3. Socially- I struggle with a few things socially (I have found) and I really enjoy my solitude. All I need is my room, my phone, tv, and computer. I really want to make sure I keep my options open in the relationship department. But then again, I'm not good at reading men.
Well, hopefully I can check things off my list ASAP so I can make sure I can continue a positive growth into adulthood.
Best wishes.
Crusing soon!
E
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment