Monday, July 22, 2013

New Job - New Beginnings

I guess a later date has arrived.

This past February (as you have probably read in my posts), I came to terms with the fact that I needed a change in my career. My heart was torn between what I knew, and what I wanted. What I knew wasn't what I needed, but if you know me, you know that change isn't something easy for me.

After several interviews, and possible job opportunities, I was approached by a former Band Director in my High School days, about a new job position open not too far from home (but still a little commute). I offered my resume to be given to that head director, and went through the interview process there, and everything worked from there. I am the new assistant band director at Freeport Intermediate. I will direct the second band at the Intermediate school (grade 7-8) and teach 3 beginning brass classes at the Middle school (5-6).

Tomorrow I head down to Freeport (hour drive) to sign my contract, get my health insurance all set up, and then I will spend the afternoon with Linda, the Head Director I will be working with.

I'm looking forward to this new adventure. I hope the transition from Elementary Music teacher to Secondary Band Director isn't too difficult, and I enjoy it as much as I remember enjoying it in College.

That is all for now.

I will hopefully be taking a big vacation this Thanksgiving break over seas. But I won't know that for sure, until I get my schedule this week...

I love the possibility of booking a trip. Specially a big one!

Em
*pic- walking streets of San Juan Puerto Rico*

No comments: