Monday, September 02, 2013

Searching for the routine

Hello again, blog world. I post this update from the comfort of a bubble bath. Yes, electronics and water don't mix, but with my new life proof case on my phone, it can handle the "whoops" if it decides to make a splash.

Today is Labor Day, and I can't be more thankful for the time off. Yes, I know school just started, however this past week I have felt very overwhelmed. 

First of all, I really truly love directing. I haven't had this much fun teaching, in a very long time. While I don't regret sticking out the past years at my old job, I can't imagine trying to "tough it out" anymore. Not when I know how much fun it should be. I'm anxious to really develop a work schedule/routine. That should happen this week, thankfully. I do have fears though, I hope I can contribute to the band program as I am expected to do, and that the commute to work won't weigh down on me too much. Luckily the drive is an easy one, just takes time. 

Working towards a goal: one thing I am already enjoying about the job is that there are well paced goals throughout the year. October 24 is our first concert, November 1, we play with the high school band at a football game, December has a couple Christmas concerts. This helps me with pacing of my lessons and rehearsals. 

81 days till I'm off to Vienna! Yes, I've booked my trip! I'm beyond excited for this quick adventure that is to happen. Nov. 22-30 I'll be in the city of music! Walking the Danube, visiting some jazz taverns I've researched, and hopefully hearing a concert or two. Just me and my suitcase, the way I've dreamt to do it!

Unfortunately, I'm still victim of these monstrous headaches since the accident. Not sure how to fix them besides waiting. It's very irritating, but I don't have time to waste trying to find a solution. There is work to be done. Hopefully sooner than later I'll get relief.

That is all I have for now, 

dream Big
Pray often
Wish well


Em

No comments: