Thursday, June 12, 2014

I Was Born A Rambling (Wo)man

Hello,
Summer is here, and I find myself sitting back at the extra desk at my parents office. It has been an eventful end of the school year, and I close the second "rookie" experience of my life time as a first year band director.

From April-May, I had a bout with some medical issues in regards to my gastric system. After a month of searching for the source of my ailment, I had my gallbladder taken out on May 14. A week off of work (about) and long recovery, I'm finally coming back around to a more functioning system.

Nail biting- since December I've been getting my nails done, trying to kick the habit of biting my nails. However, I have found (even with acrylic) that my fingers find their way to my mouth. I don't care if some people say " it takes 28 days to kick a habit", that's bullshit (pardon my language). I guarantee that if I were to stop getting them done, I'd still have the habit. I swear its an instinct or something. So I will just keep getting them done.

Traveling: This summer (2 weeks to be exact) Mom and I will set sail on a 4 day cruise out of Galveston. When we return, instead of disembarking the ship and headed home, we will stay aboard and sail for the 5 day that follows! Dad will actually meet us at the port and join us for that sailing! I'm looking forward to it, even if I'll be at Cozumel twice, and Progreso once. Haha

Baby Shower and Bachelorette Party: the weekend of July 12, I will be in Alabama to celebrate the the impending arrival of one of my best friend's baby girl! Then, the following weekend (July 19) I will be in the DFW area for another one of my girlfriend's bachelorette party night.

Work: My work plan this summer is to help out here at the office to help pay my medical debt, in between stopping down at Freeport to take care of stuff for next year.

Those are my ramblings for now\summer plans. Hope you are well.

E

No comments: