I write this post from a curious location... the Buick Car Dealership in Katy, Texas.
I'ts funny how life can change in an instant. What we take for granted as human beings can change so quickly.
On April 8, my roommate and grandmother Martha, suffered a stroke at our home. Fortunately she was able to get to Methodist hospital and receive the care she needed to help her heal quickly and now she is staying in a skilled nursing facility while she regains her strength.
While Granny was in ICU another gentleman was there because his wife had had a stroke, too. The first morning there, I looked at him and said "a lot can happy in 24 hours", his eloquent response of "It's a lifetime" still resonates in me. Over a month later, and I'm still trying to find the new routine that I took for granted having granny at home.
On a much different tone... My 29th birthday has come and gone. I wish I still did the big birthday blowout parties and what not. However, seems like in the past 8 years the birthday itself gets absorbed by events or Mother's Day. Luckily, next years' birthday plans on being massive. 30th birthday in Vegas with the people I love. I will make that happen!!
My parents are amazing people. Hands down, I've been so blessed to have them in my life. I'm grateful for the examples they have set before me and continue to do each day. They are so selfless and kind.
More thoughts but this could become a more regular thing... me blogging again. I miss it.
Wishing you well.
Love E
No comments:
Post a Comment