Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A new kind of pain

I would like to say that it the midst of the chaos of my life, that I am more than experienced in the stress department. Which in some cases this is true, nothing has prepared me for these past few weeks.

A new kind of pain has been introduced to me. I know it can't amount to the pain a mother feels when a child is hurt or when the dad says goodbye after walking his daughter down the aisle.
But the pain of time.

Sleep hasn't come so easily to me these past weeks. Resulting tired eyes and raging emotional exhaustion. Sore eyes from the tears shed, having everything set me off just doesn't help.
The back. I never quite knew what the back "Stress" was until now. Its those 5 knots right between your shoulder blades along your spine, and the only thing to help is a back rub.
Irritable bowels. No, not the syndrome, but just an over all upset stomach 24-7. For those of you who know me, know that this part of my day (bathroom time) is very important, and if its thrown out of whack, I'm out of whack.

And last, my heart and brain. I've been frantically writing down everything I can remember about my childhood. Memories of everyone. Just cause now I realize that I need to let everyone know (family and friends) just how much they mean to me.

PaPa is a candidate for the lobectomy. While this is a delicate procedure, it is the best option for him. I've been thanking God every minute for that too.
We're waiting on test results over some biopsies of the tumor. to get the final go ahead. If we have an option, Nov. 19-20th will be the surgery.
This would mean, after my dad's awesome 50th birthday bash, I would stay home with my family to be by PaPa's bedside when he wakes up. And spend the whole week down in Victoria as opposed to the half a week planned back in Sept.

Thanks for everyone who has kept my family in their prayers, they are really helping out a lot. More to be updated as the week goes on.

For more in depth updates of the medical aspect check this out- thats my mom's site she made to inform the family of the dr.'s visits.

Much love and God Bless-
Emily

No comments: