Monday, November 05, 2007

PaPa Dale

Just got one of those calls...
"Emily get a box of tissues and sit down"- "Pa Pa Dale has lung cancer..."
I wail....

Mom just called me. Pa Pa Dale was diagnosed today...

I'm so pissed off right now. Stupid STUPID FUCKING DISEASE..

I know he smoked for a long time... I know bad lungs run in his family...
But Jesus. Why him. Why not the people who smoke mary jane and shoot up heroine!

I was one of the lucky ones... PaPa is in a pickle. The tumor is between a rock and a hard place... more tests this week to find out if they can remove it. I pray to God that they can. I'm so mad

I'm thinking about going to med school now after this... or something... I can't take it anymore. Sitting here while people I know have known or even myself are being affected by cancer.

Dear God,
Please give PaPa the strength he needs to keep ahead of his illness. Be with Jackie and my mom so they can support him through this. And Please be with the doctors while they run these tests that they can fix the problem quickly and easily.

Amen

No comments: