Monday, November 14, 2011

Is it time for a change?

Hello dear blog readers.


Today's entry is coming from the comfort of Dad's recliner at my childhood home. That's right, I'm back in my old roots for the next week as part of my "dog sitting" stint. Currently I'm watching Gretal, Bella, Radar, Schultze, and Tucker. This weekend appearances were made to the Whistler home to love on Maxwell my new nephew-cat.

Work is still going extremely well. I really feel like I have found my stride as an Elementary Music teacher, and even cooler as someone who is knowledgeable. Odd to say that, but for the first time, this weekend I was asked for ideas by a younger teacher.... How cool?! I truly enjoyed sharing what I do in my classroom with her and I hope what I offered helped. Neat huh? me...experienced teacher... ahh!

I'm still going to the gym about once a week. I feel like I'm slacking though. I don't know what happened to my motivation I had a couple years ago. I'm still in the best shape of my life when it comes to abilities but I still feel like something is missing.

I'm not sure what needs to change, but I do feel like it is time for a change. For me. Not sure if that means new hobbies, outlets, or wardrobe. Actually I feel kind of lost when I think about it. All I know is that I want to keep improving my life and I think I'm right on the brink of something cool.


This past week I've also been thinking about my PaPa a lot. I think it was because of Veterans Day. I miss getting him cards. Maybe I could get him one next year, even as hokey as that sounds. But yeah, randomly I've found myself "welling" up thinking about him. Odd. Normally I like to think of myself as a pretty strong person when it comes to that emotion these days. Then again... I pretty much wear my heart on my sleeve.

Anyways, on to a week of dogsitting and pondering. I'll let you know if I find out what that change is.

Love,
Emily

No comments: