What is importance? Is it our minds tricking our lives into thinking that there should be order?
Someone who I care deeply about told me some awakening news this week.
"Emily, When have you ever done something because you wanted to do it. Not because your friends wanted to. Find out what you want from life, and don't waiver from that."
I do know whats most important to me...sad thing is, my priorities arent where they should be.
Instead of it being. "Family, School, then Friends" its "Friends, Family, School". I got it all mixed up. I'm more worried about making good memories, and not missing out on a beat of life than i am, Acing a test, or even getting stuff done ahead of time. The list of stuff I want to do in my life is a mile long. Yet in the past 3 years, I've done nothing to get there. Why is that?
A harsh reality check that was. I dont have mind of my own. The only thing I can remember doing for me is, making my friends happy. Making sure they always have a full glass, they don't have to pay for me, I can make a good joke to brighten their day, and even having opportunities where they wont be alone or have nothing to do.
In the midst of all of that, I find myself on E. for Empty, not for Emily. I've given everything, 110% of my energy into my friends. And I get mad at myself. Because in the end what have I gotten out of it? Great memories, AMAZING ones, chapters of knowledge stored away over useless stuff, a liqour cabinet that is always stocked, a door that is open for everyone, any time of day or night, and yet an empty spot right inside my chest. Thats my "me" time. Problem is, when I have it, I'm still empty.
Its like I'm going in circles. Never quite satisfied with my life. When one thing is good, something else is bad, and vice versa.
I have come to terms that I am a suffocating person. In the midst of me trying to make my friends' lives easier, I've been around too much. Not giving them their freedom. I dont know why.
Once again, I find myself in a mid-mid-life crisis. I just want to run away. and it all be fixed. but nope, thats not life now is it.
So I ask you all...
What does your life mean, where are you going, and who are you doing it for?
No comments:
Post a Comment